We have undertaken a number of large scale projects working as a subcontractor for Ebert Construction Ltd
Ebert’s are vastly experienced & innovative in this type of Industrial Construction.
Notable projects completed to date are:
- Tatua Dryer 3, Morrinsville
- Fonterra Waitoa UHT, Waitoa
- Dairy Goat Dryer 2, Hamilton
- Miraka UHT, Taupo
- Silver Fern Farms, Te Aroha
- Yashili Powder Processing Plant, Pokeno
- Project Florence – Fonterra Lichfield
- Fonterra Te Rapa – Cream Cheese Extension, Hamilton
One of the largest of these projects was the Fonterra Lichfield Powder Tower. Situated in the South Waikato halfway between Putaruru & Tokorua, the addition of this new 30 tonne per hour whole milk power plant is one of the largest milk powder dryers in the world.
The share scale of this facility is simply massive. The overall project took over 2 years to complete in which we were involved for just over 12 months completing the various floor coating applications. The two main flooring products specified throughout this facility were Sikafloor PurCem 21 & a combination of Sikafloor 91 & Nuplex Sureshield screed.
Ebert Construction Ltd
Products & Application:
– Sikafloor 91
– Nuplex Sureshield screed
Approximate quantities of our flooring trade were as follows:
- Screed flooring – 7,500m²
- Sikafloor PurCem 21 – 2,100m²
- 400mm high coving – 3,000m
- 150 high coving – 1,200m
- Control joint sealing – 2,000m
- Plant feet coving – 1,500 No
A major challenge in undertaking specialised flooring on this scale is the programming & logistics the various multi-level work faces. By working closely with the Ebert Construction site management team we were able to effectively coordinate both materials & resources to coincide with the projects strict sectional handovers.
Overall this was a very satisfying project to have been part of.